Antarctica – the 7th and last continent. Not many people can call Antarctica home, if they do, they’re mainly there for research purposes. It is approximately 2552 miles (4107 km) from the nearest grocery store on the Falkland islands (Islas Malvinas). So you better go prepared!
I chose to go see the frozen continent for a few main reasons:
- Antarctica is the last continent for me to visit on Earth
- It boasts stunning landscapes
- It is home to the Emperor penguins (Movie: Happy Feet)
- Vast varieties of wildlife
Metaphysically, Antarctica according to Ian White of Australian Bush Essences
- Allows you to feel tremendous calm, peace and stillness within yourself
- Enables you to be aware of and enhances your vision of what is necessary and essential in your life
- Helps reveal and dissolve very deep and hidden aspects of yourself
- Connects one to both the Wisdom of the Ancients and your ancient past
- To trust Spirit and the unfolding of your life and its direction
- Assists you to find your own core, pure essence
Here are a few photos to spark your interest. The movie Happy Feet have jerked a few tears from me and made me laugh many times – watching penguins in person is extremely entertaining. To me, they are a very silly bunch!